The General Data Protection Regulation
Personal Information I collect:
* Contact number
* Counselling history
* Medical conditions relevant to counselling
* Client expectation from counselling
How I store information
Handwritten notes pertaining to sessional content & personal details are kept in a locked cabinet.
Phone: I store contact numbers on a phone dedicated to DF counselling, this is not a smart phone and is not connected to the internet. Numbers are stored using initials only.
Email/texts: Email addresses are stored on my Yahoo account. Text messages are read and deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.
Website: No personal information is stored on my website other than to momentarily collect and send enquiries to my yahoo account for initial contact purposes.
Third Party websites: Clients may find content on my website that link to the sites of other third parties. I do not control these sites which have a link to mine and I am not responsible for how they collect, store or use information.
* Contract/ Agreement form - both Client and DF counselling hold a copy
* Privacy statement signes by client - both client and DF counselling hold a copy
* Assessment form
* Client sessional notes, Kept for 7 year to comply with Insurance policy terms.
How I may share your information:
* Supervision: I attend monthly clinical supervision to ensure my practice remains safe and ethical. Sessional details & Client initials may be shared with my Supervisor. My supervisor also works in compliance with a confidentiality agreement and within the BACP ethical framework.
* Therapeutic Will: Your name and contact details will be shared with my Therapeutic Executor so that in the unlikely event of my death you can be contacted should you still be in therapy with me. My Therapeutic Executor will sign a confidentially agreement document.
*Emergencies: If your health is in jeopardy I may share your details with a healthcare service such as your GP or Mental Health Crisis Team.
Erasing you information:
All Electronic enquiries are erased after 3 months. All texts and contact numbers are erased 3 months following cessation of therapy if not sooner.
I hold written information for up to 7 years following the cessation of therapy. This is so I have a reference should you decide to return to therapy in the future.
* Right to Access: you have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information, free of charge. You have a right to ask me to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
* Right to be forgotten: You have the right the right to ask me to erase any information that I hold about you. This includes your personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes, or if you wish to withdraw consent. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it's information that I have a legal obligation to retain.
*Data portability: As the client, you have the right to receive your personal information which you have previously provided, also you have the right to transfer that information to another party. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, the data 'controller' is Deirdre Frondigoun, DF Counselling